Re: upgrade questions

On Thu, 04 Feb 1999 16:27:33 -0500 16V JASON <jason@scirocco.org> writes:

>We have gone over this *how* many times?

We werent going over this.

>I used to say "look at my stock 1.816v dyno results, and then look at
>Meze's."

Yah, i just did look and all I can say is, you must of got a hell of a
good jump on me in NY. (WE only did do the drag thingie once. Not really
a baseline of what to expect on power differences and we've already
talked about the weight issues.)
Ive run against the Pottermans 16V GTi several times. We've had MANY stop
light wars.

(Go look at HIS dyno sheet. Its on my page. I'll wait.)

Now, dont you wish you had his motor? heh! The majority of the time (read
consistently) I can pull a car length or two on him and stay ahead until
3rd gear, when he catches and passes me. It just depends on how well he
launches ect.
So why is it that I can pull on his 16V like that? Which i'll add makes
more HP and torque than your 16V does. (And dont excuse it with "its the
driver" because thats crap. Mikes a good driver.)

>Now, I have upped the ante.  Look at my 1.8 dyno results, and now look
at
>Michael Helms' 125hp 1.8 8v.  Notice something interesting? He makes 2hp
>more than me, but I have 25 lb-ft of torque more than he does all the
way
>thru the low-and midrange rpm range.

Yah but I bet he spanks yer ass.
Wheres his dyno sheet at?

>The 2.0 16V pulls like a
>motherfucker... Now, when we're talking a 3.0sec 0-60 difference between
>the 8v and the 1.8 16v, how is it that you can can begin to compare the
8v
>with the 2.0 16v!?

Easy. It pulls hard down low, thats how.
Have you ever driven an 8V?
2.0L 16v?

>	Sorry, Michael, don't mean to pick on you-- just illustrating
>a point.

Hes picking on you Michael, dont take no crap from him, punch him in the
nose! :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and