Re: upgrade questions

>> Well Jason, you see when your at 1500 rpms in 2nd gear and you get on it
>> and nothing really happens, for a long time, until finally you get to
>> 3800 rpms where it finally does takes off..... that's the problem. Low
>> end power is important. Probably just as important as the high end power.
>> Not only that, most people spend most of their time at the low end of the
>> RPM spectrum so having the torque down low is essential.

If you are driving for speed, then why start off at 1500rpm?  My 16v feels
pretty low in power down low, but the easy way to get around it is just
shift higher, so when you let the clutch out in the next gear you are
already up in the rev range where the power is.  But then again, not
everyone enjoys shifting at redline all day long ;), and not everyone's gear
ratios will allow them to do this, but its how I enjoy driving.  Not
defending a lack of power down low, ideally you want ample power everywhere,
but sacrificing a little down low (where I dont' use it anyway) for some
more up high, I'd gladly make the trade.