Re: upgrade questions

On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 19:22:26 -0800 Jason <Jason.r@worldnet.att.net>
writes:

>People get so anal about loosing any low end, I understand
>to a point, but WTF? Does everyone shift at 2000 rpm or what?

Well Jason, you see when your at 1500 rpms in 2nd gear and you get on it
and nothing really happens, for a long time, until finally you get to
3800 rpms where it finally does takes off..... that's the problem. Low
end power is important. Probably just as important as the high end power.
Not only that, most people spend most of their time at the low end of the
RPM spectrum so having the torque down low is essential.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and