Re: The Gods Have Smiled

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:19:09 -0800 Brian Honnold <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>
writes:
>By the grace of the VW gods, Alex Ting and I made a killer deal on a
>beater 87 16V Roc yesterday.  Many thanks to Alex who did all the
>work...negotiating, driving and putting up with my excuses as to why I
>couldn't go look at the car for four days..............

Uh... lemme guess. Hmph. Whipped syndrome? We understand. :)

>Anyone on the list transplanted a 16V into a MkI......how bout the AGB
>tranny???
>Brian Honnold
>'78 Rocco Ragtytop

Should be really easy since you have the donor car there. So, your gonna
give up the RD motor eh? Gonna sell it? Should make a fun little car for
you. The 16V in a MK-I was to be one of my future projects. Enjoy it for
me!
The tranny should bolt right in without any problems or differences. You
MAY need to use the axles out of the donor car but that shouldnt pose a
problem. Or, you can just swap the 100mm CV's to your exixting axles.
Makes the world of difference when you have the entire donor car
available. Sigh.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and