Re: Remote starter with a manual shift trans?

Brian C Barrows wrote:

> My Jetta thinks its a 6-speed, and my Scirocco no longer has that light.
> I find them very annoying anyway.  Europeans must have loved them or
> something.  my dad's Posrche has one, which boggles my mind because if
> drive by that light, you bought the wrong car...

I got a ride in an '89 911 recently and was shocked to see an upshift light.

I seem to recall the reason for these turds was all about EPA mileage
ratings.  By shifting when the light says to, fuel mileage is optimized,
and the EPA let them claim said mileage.. something to that effect.  At
least they're less annoying than 85 mph speedometers!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0