Re: Automatic to Standard

<x-flowed>>From: Jim Jarrett <jarrett@rpa.net>

>Here's what you do:
>
>Slam it, paint it, drop a 16v in (http://d185fc237.rochester.rr.com).
>
>:-)
Jim Jarrett

That's (almost) the plan!
I'm gonna drive it as a 1.6 (or whatever it is- it says 1.6 on the head) for
the winter, then swap out the uGLi's suspension, brakes, interior, motor,
and tranny in to it.  Maybe someday I'll find a cheap Audi 2.0 for it.

Right off the bat it needs euro bumpers... Those chrome bumpers are
ABANDONED like 6" away from the car!  It also needs a new grille, I'm
sticking with the 2 rounds, not gonna use the later 4 light setup. I'm
considering a Bonrath badgeless, but they're big $$$. The grille would cost
as much as the bumpers! I'm also looking for a duckbill spoiler- I think
there's 2 kinds, but Im not sure....

I've already got the dashboard out of it, fixing some electrical problems.
The days are so short, its tough to work on it except for weekends...

See ya...

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus