Re: Scirocco versus Corrado Comparison

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Well Boys,

All who know me on the list will say I am not the sharpest tool in the shed
as far as mechanics go, --- BUT --- Let me let you in on a lttile story, I
wrote a song about it, like to hear it ? here it go! Once I was racing a
Corrado aaahhhhh!!! He said how much horse power is in that thing aaaahhhh!

The long version is:
I am cruising down route 95 (moderate traffic) about 75 mph in the middle
lane. Along comes what looks to me like a GTI in the fast lane, luckily both
our lanes were clear for about a mile. He was gaining, and I am guessing he
was doing about 80-85. I knew he wanted to make a showing, and I waited. I
am sure you all know that feeling when you drop it in fourth, hover and say
to yourself "alright, you wanna go ? just a little closer, that's it". As
soon as he was next to me, I punched it, wound it out to about 95 MPH and
hit fifth...He was shitting bricks about 7 car lengths behind me. Then we
hit some jam cars. He caught up, we both darted to the shoulder (legal in
MA, I always feel I have to say that). This time the shoulder was open. We
went down the shoulder at 110 MPH (crazy lunacy and immaturity got the
better of both of us). He was still about 1.5 lengths behind me. We darted
back into traffic, and into the fast lane where it was open again. I had
enough, like I say, we were pushing it big time with the traffic. He was
behind me and I started swinging my hand (as to signal something that was
way too hot) and yelling WOOHOOO! I slowed down, he jumped to the middle
lane and we both rolled down our windows. He yelled to me "how many horse
power is that". Me not really knowing yelled "it's just a 16v". He responded
"JUST a 16v, It's good man, It's REALLY good." we tango'ed a little bit more
in and out of traffic at low rates of speed. and then went our seperate
ways. I can tell you this, this guy was REAL suprised, I walked the dog with
his G60 with my 87 Stoc Roc, End of Story.