Re: [16v] now my car is screwed! any suggestions?

I was thinking the cat too.  A friend just went through the same
experience with a 91 GTI 8V.  He was actually blowing chunks of melted
cat out the exhaust.  Too cool.  Hehe.  He took everything apart, gutted
the cat and all is good now.  All he had left was a egg-sized piece left
in the cat, which was getting caught in the exhaust path when he stomped
on it.

-Mike