Re: More MK1 Questions...

re question 3:
I moved a Scirocco 84 harness into a MK1.  A few things didn't line up but it
wasn't that bad.   Just don't disconnect anything. Cut the old harness away
from it's plugs, so you can match color or re-use the plug as I had to do for
the taillights (no clip) and the windshield washer.  The most difficult piece
of work was splicing the plug for the inst. cluster.  A lot of wires, and the
color did not all match.  Another challenge was the heater. Always leave a
lot of extra wire. When I was done everything worked better that either of
the cars did before.   This took about 5 good days, or over 18 hours of
electrical work.  I hate the old scirocco fuses.  before I did the swap, half
of the fuses were wraped in aluminum foil. talk about a fire hazzard!

Another note:  I noticed that had I choose to swap the breaker-points for
jetronic, the chasis on the '79 had the mouting indentations under the
windshield in place, all I had to do was drill (but I left the points alone).
 Was VW planning on Jetronic before 79.  Is there a place to put the Jetronic
box on '75 Roccos???

Ben
84 8v
85 Yota 2W