Re: More MK1 Questions...

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
>  I just don't know
> if Im gonna keep the chrome bumpers or not yet.  I may make the car a "70's
> looker", in which case I'd keep 'em.

general question:
are your U.S. chrome bumpers for the Mk1 also that heavy and big as all the other ones ?

In this case I might can help you :
a friend of mine has still a pair of chrome Eurobumpers for the Mk1 in his garage.
( in case you're interested )
personally I like them on the Mk1.
But if you want to dechrome your Mk1, you still could powdercoat  or paint them black,
as I guess they're much lighter and smaller than the U.S. ones (in case they're different at all ).

Dirk