Re: Scirocco with Targa Top.

<x-flowed>A wagon with a targa top!  My daily driver is an Audi Quattro Wagon (or
Avant as I usually refer to it).  Hmmm.... No Stop!

I just moved to London and I was debating on shipping the audi here or
selling it and buying something used here.  I used to Love sciroccos when I
was a kid but didn't have enough money to buy one... I did have a MK1 GTI
but alas...

So I take a look in the Classifieds and what do I find?  Tons of sciroccos!
I ended up buying an 89 GTX (8V) the next day (with Euro lights baby!),
right hand drive in excellent condition inside, some minor  blemishes on the
paint, for $600...  The radiator is shot but we all know how easy that is to
fix!  Driving in London on a friday night, without a map, on the left side
of the road, having never shifted with the left hand before, was an
experience let me tell you.   But three hours later and after several stops
for anti freeze/water, me and my poor overheated new toy made it home.

I'll forward you the info when I get it done.  I've always wanted a Scirocco
convertible but that might be a little more work than I'm ready for right
now...

The targa idea is perfect though...  I plan on adding a "lip" onto each side
of the the roof so I can reinstall the top...  securing it with latches on
each corner from the inside.  I'll also be soldering the top part of the
doors to the roof piece so that when it's on, you might not even notice the
roof had been cut out in the first place...

I'm adding removable raingards (secured with velcro) to cover up the fact
that when the "hard top" is on, I'll need to leave the window just slightly
open in order to open and close the door...

I'll also come up with some sort of "soft top"  So I don't have to carry the
roof piece everywhere I go...   The autobody shop is charging me about $600
to get the botom reinforced, the top cut off and the paint touched up...
Not too bad I think.

A perfect way to tour Europe if i don't say so myself.

Take care,
Armando