No Subject

<x-charset iso-8859-1>How is it that you are SURE that stock studs are just as "effective" as ARP
head studs?  What articles have you read and what tests have you done to
reach this conclusion?

Factory head bolts work just fine under normal duty but ARP head studs are
stronger, reusable, and offer higher clamping power due to finer threads (at
the top).  They may cost you $120 up front but they are well worth it in the
long term if you are pushing your motor to the limit (extreme mods or forced
induction).

Regarding #3 below, I think you mean the control pressure (or "warm up")
regulator.  The fuel accumulator is back by the gas tank and is designed to
maintain fuel pressure after the car is turned off (to avoid vapor lock and
hard starting) as well as absorbing some of the initial surge of pressure
when the main pump turns on.

Bradley
NEW RIDE: White '88 Scirocco 16V
DAILY DRIVER: '81 Scirocco S
STOLEN/DESTROYED: '86 Scirocco 16V 2.0 "T"
http://dns.effervescent.com/vw/