OXS light and crazy idling

my 86' 8v has been idling really weird lately...It is unsteady...It hovers
near 1k RPMS, but dips above and below...Is this a timing issue? also, there
is a squeal that sounds like timing...Does this mean I need a new timing
belt? or just timing adjusted? How do you adjust timing? Or, how much does it
cost to get done? Also, the OXS warning light has been on for a while...what
does this mean? I know it can mean a few things, but how do I know which one
it is? my odometer stopped working awhile ago if that helps...TIA

Stephen Mull
'86 8v Rocco Black
Seattle, WA