SV: Speedo

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
> push it that high, but that is only one part of the battle. My enquiry is, what
> would need to be done as far as a tranny? would it be as simple as ploping a
> later year tranny in that has the capability of that high of a speed? or what?
> Because the stock tranny has a limit of around 120-125 mph, and thats almost
> redlining the engine. And then on top of that would such a tranny take away
> quarter mile time? if so I'd rather push a 14 sec et. than a 140 top.

If you plan of getting 210hp out of a N/A motor you will have a redline about 9000rpms so you don't have to worry about that. If you have a boosted motor you can get that power at much lower rpms.

With a wide tourque curve you can use a wide ratio gear box and get good acceleration still.

For top speed the old diesel gear boxes would be fine, marked FF sometimes and callled 4+E, in other words four speed + overdrive. But with a tourqe strong turbo motor it's very good ratio between gears.

You can swap in a cable transmission to get even taller final drive etc for higher speed/lower rpms.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T RSi -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker