Re: Speedo

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 15:13:46 -0800 Nathan Malone <nmalone@sumagroup.com>
writes:
>Whell, I for one would love to have a 140+mph Rocc, my destination with
my Mk1
>is that it will be pushing around 210hp wich may or may not be enough
power to
>push it that high, but that is only one part of the battle. My enquiry
is, what
>would need to be done as far as a tranny? would it be as simple as
ploping a
>later year tranny in that has the capability of that high of a speed?
>or what?

All you need to do is change the 5th gear if top end is all your after.
If you have a close ratio tranny, you have the .89 5th gear. Swap in a
.75 or a .71 and your top end speed moved up the number chart
drastically.
With 210hp you should be able to hit the 150-160 straight line mph mark.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and