Re: ICQ & IRC Scirocco Chat

> > From: Lindsay Campbell
> > Subject: ICQ & IRC chat
> > Hi chaps, Any ideas of irc channels that fellow vdubbers are using
> > Hope to chat to you all soon
>
>Good question! In the VW Thing world there are weekly scheduled meetings in
>both IRC and ICQ, but I have yet to see of anything along these lines in the
>Scirocco world. Anyone wanna start one?
>
>I think the best solution would be to bypass IRC and ICQ and start a Java
>based chat on scirocco.org. Do the powers that be at scirocco.org think this
>is a good idea? Does not require any special software so it's easy for the
>newbies, and works on just about any platform. What do you say we give it that
>old scirocco try?
>
>-Marc

There already exists a Java-like chat mechanism on Scirocco.org...notice
the 'Chat' button at the top level?  If the schedule detailed at the
'Chat' level is not what everyone wants, I can post something else?  We've
used it in the past, it works pretty well actually...Anyone is free
to use it any time they want...hope this helps! :)

==Brett