RE: MD State infection and 16v woes

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonas Karlsson [mailto:jkarlsso@metabolex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 4:24 AM
To: 'scirocco-l@scirocco.org'; Gary Huff
Subject: RE: MD State infection and 16v woes

Gary Huff wrote:
>List,
>	Love my 16v so far, but some questions and problems:
>
>	Problems:
>	1. Stupid oil pressure warning light goes off for no reason, but my
>gauge reads that it has about 30psi around 2k rpm 	while its
>screaming.
>I trust VDO over the idiot light, but is this a 16v syndrome or >something?

does it always go on? Is it buzzing, or just flashing? The buzzer is for the
high pressure switch, which could go bad, and not affect functioning of the
other sender. The dual sender could also have replaved the wrong original
switch.

(snip)

It comes on around 2000rpm like lets say im idling along at 55mph in 5th
gear, it will come on even though my vdo gauge says that the pressure is
about 35. the buzzer starts screaming, and the light blinks also. Any
suggestions?