waterpump woes

Well, my car was leaking coolant yesterday, so I went and picked up a new waterpump yesterday. I dont know how old the one in there is, but I am positive it was gushing coolant all over my driveway. I got the new pump for $20, and figured that it would take an hour or so. That was before I broke the head off of the first bolt. so now I have a rather large paperweight in my driveway. I have to wait until Saturday to fix it. And just my luck, its still summer here in Vegas. Im glad my bicycle doesnt have a waterpump.....

Has anyone had a problem with this? I imagine that im not the first. Any advice would help.

-Tony
84 8V