Re: Radios - info wanted and for sell

The "DX" button is suppose to enable you to listen to distant stations
a bit more clearly, it boosts the signal of that frequency a bit.
Personally I dont think it makes that much difference.

I too have wondered if the factory radio in my '87 as a blaupunkt.  I
do have the manual for it and it does not mention blaupunkt anywhere,
I'm still hoping it is though, it sounds great.

Craig Moore
87 Scirocco 8v
96 Tacoma 4x4

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <iraldly@otterbein.edu> wrote:
>   i installed a factory radio in my '86 today
> (whoopee!) and it sounds
> nice. it's so much better than the bulky sony that i
> had put in there. i
> figure out most of the functions for it, but am left
> wondering what "dx"
> means. anyone? also, it said on the side "heidelberg
> v" and i'm assuming
> it's the model, not where it was made. can anyone
> tell me if this is one
> of the vw/blaupunkt radios of legend? it came out of
> an '84 quamtum 5
> wagon, if that's any help. anyone have the manual
> lying
> around...somewhere...?
>
> -= if replying to above, please cut what's below -=-
>
>   seeing as i no longer need the other vw radio i
> was going to put in, i
> am offereing it up for sale. it is model #:
> 000-035-183, ref #:
> 9-404-230-211. it is used and supposedly out of an
> '88. it does work
> though my antenna cable is not able to connect to it
> (external antenna
> connector). i paid $10 for it and will sell for same
> plus shipping. see
> attached .gif.
> --
>  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
> < o o >	  http://members.tripod.com/~foxx/index.htm
>   \ /
> http://www.otterbein.edu/home/std/iraldly/index.htm
>    °

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/gif name=radio.gif

===
Craig Moore
87 Scirocco 8v
96 Tacoma 4x4