Re: headliner replacement

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <iraldly@otterbein.edu> wrote:
>   i want to replace the headliner in my '86. it was
> white but the
> bastard who had it before me smoked so now it's a
> cream colour (tar
> stains around the sun visors...). i would like to
> replace it with a
> black headliner (would need black sunvisors. anyone
> have a pair lying
> around?) to match my carpet, but don't know how much
> of a job it would
> be to get into. has anyone else (tried to) replace
> their headliner? any
> comments? should i go for the vinyl, napped cotton,
> or the velour? i
> don't mind the stuff that's in there now (not napped
> cotton, nor vinyl,
> i think) except for the colour. any replies would be
> helpful. thanx.
=====================
this place used to make Scirocco headliners :

http://www.vwupholstery.com/catalog.html

They don't list it now, but it is a custom outfit and I'm sure they
still have the patterns.

If you contact them, they'll probably say yes (let us know)

HTH

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM