Re: Who's car is this? IT's MINE (I have been off the list for 5 days)

The Kevin "Roccin ' the bay" shots are up! Cool!
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/1780/rtb018.jpg
My cars finally have some list visibility. thanks to Dirk, Shawn and Kevin.
You can see it on the Pictures section of  Scirocco.org too. Thanks Eric!
The red MK1 has the SCCA sticker on the windshield and the numbers.
The silver one is not that hard to find but it is on the last page.

Well I have been working on my 2.0 16v (Passat) for the last
2 days. Thanks to Mike at VW Parts (www.parts4vws.com)
the car looks good, as good as a B3 wgn can. I replaced the bumper
and the grille. I am still working on the dash AC switches and I need
some new head lights. The car got smashed some time back. Oh yea and Sat
I did the 2AM Auto-x in the MK1 so I did not want to get out of bed on
Sunday.
And then on Thursday and Friday I worked on the lights on the MK1, can you
say
400w of pure power is on the front of your Scirocco!!! I can. Then it took
me all day to
set up the car for Sat Auto-x and then I went to a wedding then raced. What
a week!!
So  now I am back on the list.

This picture shows my car with a "joke" grille. I stuck it on just as I
was leaving to head up I-5. Usually this road has zillions of bugs on it so
I did not want to clean out the good grille on Saturday. The stripes are
just spray paint. It looks kinda sh*ty IMHO. The other shots show
the real grille and the car looks much better.

The suspension is the first thing I want to change on this car.
I like the ride height and it drives good, real comfortable, but
I need better springs. You may recall a E-mail string a few months back
titled HoR’s suck. Well that is what this car has on it. I am going to
put H&R’s on it. I love H&R’s. My MK2 has the big bars and
Bilstein sports. Thanks for asking about my car.

>>> unfortunately<<<<<
I wish I could have gon to Germany but the SF trip was fun too.
Dang I want to go to Germany now.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v  red  MK1 Scirocco "S"
90 2.0 Passat WGN 5 speed

Message text written by Mike VanAmburgh
I still don't know what the suspension it is tho.  I'm sure Doug will let
me know.  I woulda loved to be there, but unfortunately I was in Germany at
the
time.  It's kinda a far drive to you guys from Utah anyway.  Hehe.
-Mike