From: T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com>
To: Mike <lerb@redrose.net>
CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Troubles
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:34:12 -0700

Mike wrote:

 >     Ok today I installed my 16V suspension on my 82 in hopes of getting
my
 > new suspension on my 86 next weekend. I have stumbled into a slight
problem
 > tho.Is the fact that the front end sticks up a little high going to hurt
 > anything? (yes I was told ahead of time this would happen) BUT the tires
are
 > making a nice squealing noise. Is this wholy to the fact that I need to
have
 > the front end alighned or is there something else wrong?

What are your tires? What size and ratio?

 > I accelorate and the tires light up.

Do you mean the tires slip and smoke comes out? Or do you mean they rub
against the body or something?

 > Will this be fixed with a front end allignment?

I don't see why that would help, unless the alignment is _way_ out of
whack. An alignment would not be a bad idea though.

 > Also can I damage my CV joints with the front end high?

I wouldn't think so.

 > Is it worth cutting a coil off of the 16V springs? WILL this help or make
it worse?

 > Any help is greatly needed

I don't like the idea of cutting coils off. Get the right springs if
they need to be lowered.

Sounds to me like you need a big 2.0Liter or a VR6 to weight the front
down.  :)
TBerk