Re: Troubles

Mike wrote:

>     Ok today I installed my 16V suspension on my 82 in hopes of getting my
> new suspension on my 86 next weekend. I have stumbled into a slight problem
> tho.Is the fact that the front end sticks up a little high going to hurt
> anything? (yes I was told ahead of time this would happen) BUT the tires are
> making a nice squealing noise. Is this wholy to the fact that I need to have
> the front end alighned or is there something else wrong?

What are your tires? What size and ratio?

> I accelorate and the tires light up.

Do you mean the tires slip and smoke comes out? Or do you mean they rub
against the body or something?

> Will this be fixed with a front end allignment?

I don't see why that would help, unless the alignment is _way_ out of
whack. An alignment would not be a bad idea though.

> Also can I damage my CV joints with the front end high?

I wouldn't think so.

> Is it worth cutting a coil off of the 16V springs? WILL this help or make it worse?
>
> Any help is greatly needed

I don't like the idea of cutting coils off. Get the right springs if
they need to be lowered.

Sounds to me like you need a big 2.0Liter or a VR6 to weight the front
down.  :)
TBerk