Offtopic: ABD Drag race

Ok I have a question in regards to this vehicle
CAMS:
I read the article and it states that it has a 320 degree camshaft
now I am not all that familiar about cams but I thought basiclly the bigger
the cam the more loss on bottom end,,and I figured with a vehicle built for
drag racing you wouldnt want any low end loss.Maybe I am missing something
bigtime.
Someone please explain.

COMPRESSION:
Also while on this topic I see they are using 93.5 x 95.25 raising the
compression to 14:1 on a custom crank and rods
Can you do this on a street vehicle without problems.
And with raising compression I understand you get more power but exactly
what type of gains will you see and how will other modifactions take with
more compression