Re: Shift linkage questions

There is a shift linkage bushing kit for A1's that is very helpful. It
costs about $8 and you can probably get it from www.germanautoparts.com
(right coast) or www.parts4vws.com (left coast). Also, the "golf ball" up
by the steering rack often wears out. This part is about $30. Just
getting in there and tightening everything up can help. Sometimes the
actual plastic on the ends of some of the linkage pieces (up near the
trans) gets a little worn, and I've found that replacing them helps, too.
Good luck!
	-Josiah
	'84 GTI
	'87 QSW