Re: SV: 2.1 Liter 16v how to? Anyone done this? Would you help a brotherout!

I just got a vdub with these(forged pistons) and the car eats oil alot but
it also has the famous distributor leak so that doesnt help matters.
Uh my question while on this subject is do they force oil beyond the ring
so the car would pass a bit of smoke out the tail pipe at high RPM/High temp?
Cause the car is fine when cruising like gramma but if I give slam the gas
smoke cloud puffs behind me I cant really tell the color cause I see it in
my rearview and leave it behind quite quickly.
The motor only has 60k since the rebuild so I wouldnt think the rings are
shot yet.Also I havnt checked compression but the power is all there.Just
scary smoke..I see alot of built up hot rod type cars do this also like
chevy,etc

At 10:12 AM 8/5/99 +0200, Roland Johansson wrote:
>Forged pistons are good in applications where you put out LOTS of
horsepower. A race tuned 1,6l injektion at +200 (old Scirocco race series)
for an example, boosted motors with +120hp/l starts to get in the range
where forged pistons are well suited. A 16V motor and you want to go past
200horses, could be used but not necessary until you go up to +250.