From: "Norm Tallant" <takhisis@ix.netcom.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: RE: Radiator Hose Question
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:45:53 -0700

 > Norm, I can't believe you kept driving around on that hose!
 > Didn't last
 > much longer, did it?  As for refilling your system, since you've
 > only had
 > the car for a short time and you don't know how long the coolant
 > has been in
 > the car, it's a grand time to flush the whole system!  Check the
 > other hoses
 > too, as long as your system is drained, you're that much closer to
 > changing
 > them.  You should probably run a 50/50 mix of antifreeze
 > (phosphate free)
 > and water.

Believe it or not, I've been kind of thinking about flushing the system, but
don't really know where to start.  I don't suppose that there's a drain
plug, like oil? ^_^

Another possibly stupid question, assuming that I drain my coolant, how much
should I put back in?  A whole container of antifreezee with an equal amount
of water?

All the best,
-Norm
http://www.dekonstrukt.net