Re: strut bearings

>I went to get my car inspected today :(  it did not pass they said I need new
>front strut bearings.  I called up autotech for a price on there poly ones,
>because the old ones are stock from Mexico and are only a year old well any
>way autotech says they can't make them any more because VW doesn't make a
>part that they need any more!  So here is my question does any one else make
>an after-market strut bearing for the A1 cars?  Or does any one have an
>autotech set that is good and they want to sell?  I am begining to be
>frustrated with VW really bad like!

Incidently, the pieces Autotech are refering too are the metal bearing
holders.  They are actually stock 1977 (also 1976?) rabbit pieces, which
clearly aren't being made by anyone anymore.  VW holds the tooling,
and unless someone reverse engineering them, you are out of luck.
Autotech does still sell the poly inserts for those bearings though,
so if someone like EM SPORT would like to get involved with their
nice milling machines...??? :)

==Brett