strut bearings

I went to get my car inspected today :(  it did not pass they said I need new
front strut bearings.  I called up autotech for a price on there poly ones,
because the old ones are stock from Mexico and are only a year old well any
way autotech says they can't make them any more because VW doesn't make a
part that they need any more!  So here is my question does any one else make
an after-market strut bearing for the A1 cars?  Or does any one have an
autotech set that is good and they want to sell?  I am begining to be
frustrated with VW really bad like!

88 16v looks like I'll be off the road again for a while