Re: transaxle-need help

Hmmm well hard to say if you're doing the right thing. This isn't really a
common trans problem that I know of. Where is the puddle coming from? Find
out where the transmission is leaking... describe what the kind of clanking
noise is in more detail... is it always reproduceable? Does it happen just
occasionally or all the time? Is it rhythmic? Does it vary with vehicle
speed?
    You may have a completely different problem altogether - doesn't sound
like typical transmission problems to me. Lots of them leak. Have you
checked the oil level?
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI
    '87 QSW