Re: wite guages and speedo problems

>Hi all I just put in a set of bretts guages and they look great.
>it was easier to do than I thought too.  an easy 5 hp combined w/
>scirocco floor mats maybe 10hp!

Oh yeah. :-]

>any how I have a speedo problem.  I put them in last night and the
>speedometer worked fine.  Drove to work and it was fine.  I came home
>from work doing 0 mph the whole way.  My odometer works fine but no
>speedo.  I think the cable is hooked up right because the odometer
>works fine..

Sounds like it could be cable problems...I hate to say it, but try
pulling the cluster again, rotating either the cable output that
plugs into the back of the speedo (unlikley because you'll have
to move the car) or spin the input of the speedo.  Sounds like
they aren't hooking up properly.  Might be time for a replacement
cable...happened to me. :(

>Maybe the speedo needle loosened up?

I kinda doubt it as it's a metal-2-metal press fit between the speedo
needle pin and the needle.

>aslo I have a
>little bit of sweat from my hands on the faces can I use soap and
>water to clean them up or is it better to leave it alone.  It is
>hardly noticeable (only by me )

If it annoys you, it may drive you crazy after a while. ;)  Um, you
did read the part in the install instructions about handling them
with clean hands, work surface, and tools...right? Anyway, since they
are coated, a little dampness won't destroy them.  I wouldn't soak
them though...use as little as possible.

>thanks for any help.
>another satisfied sprewenburg customer

Why thank you very much, tell everyone where you got em! :)

>so when are those calenders gonna be out Brett??? I'm buyin one

Ok, I'll start making preparations.

>Tony

==Brett