wite guages and speedo problems

Hi all I just put in a set of bretts guages and they look great.
it was easier to do than I thought too.  an easy 5 hp combined w/
scirocco floor mats maybe 10hp!
any how I have a speedo problem.  I put them in last night and the
speedometer worked fine.  Drove to work and it was fine.  I came home
from work doing 0 mph the whole way.  My odometer works fine but no
speedo.  I think the cable is hooked up right because the odometer
works fine..  Maybe the speedo needle loosened up?  aslo I have a
little bit of sweat from my hands on the faces can I use soap and
water to clean them up or is it better to leave it alone.  It is
hardly noticeable (only by me )
thanks for any help.
another satisfied sprewenburg customer
so when are those calenders gonna be out Brett??? I'm buyin one

Tony