Re: [CIS-E tech] Fuel Enrichment Wiring

---Neal Tovsen <ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu> wrote:

> I helped Rich with parting out his poor ole 16v, and bought his TT Fuel
> Enrichment module. It doesn't have a wiring diagram and Rich didn't remember
> where they went. Anyone know?
>
> There's a pair of connectors that would seem to fit in-line with the fuel
> injection brain, but then there's two more. They look to be about 16ga. or
> so. One is a brown wire with a ring connector, and the other is a red wire
> with some sort of blue automatically-splicing connector (looks like you just
> snap the connector over another wire and it cuts through the insulation to
> make a connection). It would seem to me that these are ground and 12v+
> wires, respectively, but I want to confirm that hunch before proceeding.
>
> TIA!
> Neal

Here's how it works (I don't actually own one though, but I'm quite
familar with the principle):

It needs a ground (probably the brown wire) to trip the relay.  It needs
a 12v trigger wire (the red wire with the tap).  That goes on the full
throttle switch (post switch!).  You may need a multimeter to figure out
which wire you want.  The other plugs (2 of them, right?) interupt the
signal from the coolent temperature sensor (CTS).  They are a male plug
and a female, so you can't mess those up.  The sensor is located on the
back side (engine wise, right side carwise) of the cylinder head (along
with about 4 other sensors)  If you have no idea what I'm talking about,
call or email  Techtonics and get some installation instructions or
peruse your Bentley for the exact location of these items.

==Brett