Från: DaleWitt <Dalewitt@express-news.net>
Till: Shannon Fenton <sfenton@telegroup.com>; Scirocco List
<scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Ämne: Re: Important New Rim Offset
Datum:  den 13 april 1999 04:49

38mm will work fine but are you sure you want to go with 40
series 16s?  I am running
proxies 2054016s and believe it to be the worst set up I have
ever used.  Against
advice from many people I went with the 40s instead of 45s and
it was a BIG mistake
as far as I am concerned.  Not enough flex and set slightly
lower than stock specs
whiich throws off the speedo and rpms.  The 40s work great on
17s but on 16s you
would be a lot happier with the 45s.  My wheels are 16x7.5 with
a 35mm offset.  I have
1/2 inch spacers in rear and a 2 inch drop all around.

Dale
86 2.0 16v rocco
82 2.1 16v rocco (zender 400/NOS)

----------
> Its that time of year again (tax refund) and I am picking out
new rims. I
> missed out last year due to a shortage of TR Motorsports
Typhoons but I have
> found a
> rim I like better. But it comes in 16x7.0 and in a 38MM
offset. I know the
> optimal for our cars is 40mm but will a 38 work? They will be
wearing
> 205/40/ZR16 Yok
> A520's. Also the Typhoons come only in a 35MM offset and 7.0
wide. Thanks. BTW
> Im running a stock suspension for now and here are the below
URLs so tell me
> what you think.

http://dynamic.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelDisplay.php?make=Mille+Mi
glia&model=MM