SV: Video-tape - was :Re: Finally Got My Mats

Maybe you can bring a camera to Roadstar meeting and have those
people on the other side of the lake see some nice pics of a big
Scirocco/Corrado meeting. Sounds better and better I think, you
have a camera?

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

----------
<ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu>
> Kopia: scirocco <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Ämne: Re: Video-tape - was :Re: Finally Got My Mats
> Datum:  den 12 april 1999 23:56
>
> Hello,
>
> yes the CD is a good idea,
> it would be least cost and shipping,
> and in contrast to our PAL S-VHS-C thing here,
> an AVI-movie is much more compatible on your side of the pond.
>
> O.K. let's see what I can get on a CD until this
Scirocco-season is over :-)

> I'll send a video-tape too at the end of summer, to make it
complete.

> last not least :
> Bretts idea for doing a Scirocco calendar is nice !
>
> regards
> Dirk
> '83 53b GTX 1.8 8V 2E2 Nothelle montegoschwarzmet.  :-)
>

> >I still like the calendar idea, but if we're doing the video
thing, a CD
> >would make life SOOO much easier. Think of it...people could
send VHS (or
> >whatever) if they don't have the capability to do otherwise.
Others could
> >upload .avi files via FTP to a central site, where whomever
is in charge
> >could compile them on to a CD. Currently blank CD's are
running about $1
> >each. Doubt VHS could beat that. Quality would be
highter/more consistent,
> >and shipping would be easier. Heck, even those of us with
CD-R's and fast
> >connections could download the CD image and make their own.
We could even
> >have an archive on Scirocco.org. I could even help come up
with a cool
> >little front-end (either browser/HTML based or perhaps a
little Macromedia
> >action) to navigate the files, and could help burn at least a
small number
> >of copies for people. Ever seen the latest Primus CD...now
THAT was trick!

> >If we didn't already own PC's, VHS would make more sense, but
I think it's
> >reasonable assumption that we all have a computer.
> >
> >So...whaddya think?
> >
> >Neal

T-online
> >> mailing list