Re: Important New Rim Offset

Let me begin by stating my preferance for the Mille Miglia 11's, stonking
wheels mate.

I would agree mostly with Jims comment below that 35mm seems to be the
way to go.  I have a set of 16x7's now, 40mm offset.  Slight rubbing from
the rear very very rarely and a full turn lock rub in the front (finally
wore away the plastic liner where it was rubbing so no more problems).
Tires are 205/45's.  I did just put 8mm H&R spacers in the rear which
not only improved the appearance, but I seriously doubt I'll get any
more rubbing at all from the back.  IMHO a 38mm offset would work just
fine and have very little problem.  Go for it.

==Brett

---Jim Buck/BahnBurners! <vwpride@mixi.net> wrote:

> 35mm offset seems to be the optimum offset for 15-17" wheels.  40mm has
> reportedly caused rubbing problems on rear and front shocks/coils,
> especially if the front wheels are decambered for performance.\
>
> jim
>
> Shannon Fenton wrote:
>
> > Its that time of year again (tax refund) and I am picking out new rims. I
> > missed out last year due to a shortage of TR Motorsports Typhoons but I
have found a
> > rim I like better. But it comes in 16x7.0 and in a 38MM offset. I know the
> > optimal for our cars is 40mm but will a 38 work? They will be wearing
205/40/ZR16 Yok
> > A520's. Also the Typhoons come only in a 35MM offset and 7.0 wide.
Thanks. BTW