Re: [tech] [tranny swaps] [A2 to A1]

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:31:56 -0700 "Brian Honnold" <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>
writes:

>Do the math and figure our how fast you would be going at redline with
>the 9A.
>I have had it at 125 and still going...........nowhere near redline

No dude, I dont DO math. I call Mike and hew tells me these things. :)

Well, I know my FF tranny has a 3.89 R&P, yours 9A has a 3.67. Your
overall gear ratio is 3.27 while mine is 2.96. Mines pretty damn tall and
if I had the ponies to push it to redline, id be something like 170mph.
(Sweet deam aint it!)
Id say your redline is probably near 130mph, something like that. Can you
dare to run it to redline like that tho in 5th gear? It bugs me to run
mine out to 5,500 rpm's in 5th. I couldnt imagine what it would be like
at 6,250+!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and