RE: [non Scirocco] [A2 Roof Rack]

I sold Thule racks for 10 years at a local ski shop so I am a little
biased, but I did just buy a Yakima for my wife Taurus.  yeah i know leave
me alone.

I find that the Thule fits more securely on the car but the Yakima round
bar design lets you use parts from almost all aftermarket rack
manufacturers.  This can be a big benefit if you have ski/bike/canoe racks
that need to go on an SUV and the VW.

Theres nothing like going 100 mph with two road bikes, two sailboards and a
couple waterskies on the roof of a Mk1.

My .02

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop