Re: help! AC to non-AC

I think the deal with the varying answers about what you will need to switch is
that there are several A/C setups. I've seen at least three:
1. The typical alternator on top, A/C below that, down to the water pump...
2. A/C compressor down below, alternator below that even
3. Lots of different, funky dealer-installed option setups.

The car that I'm currently doing has a third type of alternator, an extra long
shaft one. It also doesn't need the crank pulley to be changed. Odd, eh? I
think you kinda just have to look at the car and figure out what you'll need!
    -Josiah

    '84 GTi
    '86 Scirocco
    '87 QSW