Roc won't start (long and late)

Well, I got to use a fire extinguisher for the first time tonight (sober at
least).  Apparantly a wire worked loose from my headlight relays and toasted
the passenger side headlight harness and flamed two relays.  My god what a
nightmare.

Anyway,  I get the mess cleaned up and I'll get a new harness tomorrow but
now the problem is that the beast won't start.  The motor is an 86 1.8 RD
with CIS-E and knock sensor ignition.

When I first turned the key after cleaning up the burned wires, the
windsheld wipers wouldn't turn off or even slow down in any position.  I
decided that this was just a gremlin and started the car.  Well it ran like
shit idling at 200-1000-400-stall.  After it stalled I noticed that my Knock
sensor computer vacuum line was unhooked so I plugged that back in.

Now it won't start at all.  It's getting gas but no spark.  I checked the
coil and it shows voltage at the terminal.  The ignition module is showing
voltage on all four connections and the connection at the distributor is
showing voltage on the outer two terminals.  Funny thing is there is
supposed to be voltage across the outer terminals and there isn't.  And
between 2-4 at the ignition module which there isn't.

It almost seems like there is voltage getting to the grounds for the
ignition system somehow.

Shit,  I gotta work tomorrow and I don't wanna drive the Taurus.

Anyone got an idea?????????

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop (slightly toasted)

- --