Re: front end rebuild

If it's a rattling kind of noise up front when you go over bumps, it might be
your brake anti-rattle clips (or lack thereof).
    -Josiah

Daniel A. Nowlan wrote:

> At 21:57 9/20/98 -0400, lerb wrote:
> >I have the same problem!
>
> Clunking up front when going over bumps?  I have that problem, too, and I
> took it in to the shop this past week.  It is something with the strut.  My
> mechanic dude said it was gonna cost about $100 to $150 to repair per side.
>  He said it wasn't worth the $ it cuz it wasn't hurting anything and not to
> worry about it.  (A mechanic told me that!)  I'll talk to him tomorrow and
> get some details.  Maybe it's not unusual for Roccos.
>
> Dan
> '86 8v red martian (for now)
>
>   mailto:nowlan@flash.net
>   http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/

- --
 '83 Scirocco (not for long!)
 '84 Rabbit GTi (running again)
 '86 Scirocco
 '87 QSW
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
 I have lots of VW (especially A1) stuff for sale at:
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/forsale/forsale.html

- --