Re: Wheels

I have 15x6" BBS with 195/50ZR15's. I love it. Handles immeasurably better, and
the ride isn't that bad. The wheel/tire combo is MUCH heavier than a 14" setup,
though. However, I'm not driving that car in the winter. My QSW is for the
winter!
My humble opinion is that 16" wheels are overkill on a Scirocco.
    -Josiah (almost looking forward to it snowing)

Feenix wrote:

> What size wheels are any of you running? I plan to put 16" on with 45
> series rubber and was wondering if its worth it. I live in New England
> with many horrible roads and will most likely for now be driving my car
> this winter. (unless I find a cheap beater VW). Any one with 16's ever
> bend them on a pot hole? Experience other problems like rubbing on wells
> or arches on a turn? My suspension is all new and strong so not worrying
> about that aspect.
>
> Feenix..."going for broke"
> 88 16V

- --
 '83 Scirocco (not for long!)
 '84 Rabbit GTi (running again)
 '86 Scirocco
 '87 QSW
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
 I have lots of VW (especially A1) stuff for sale at:
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/forsale/forsale.html

- --