Re: Wheels

> What size wheels are any of you running? I plan to put 16" on with 45
> series rubber and was wondering if its worth it. I live in New England
> with many horrible roads and will most likely for now be driving my car
> this winter. (unless I find a cheap beater VW). Any one with 16's ever
> bend them on a pot hole? Experience other problems like rubbing on wells
> or arches on a turn? My suspension is all new and strong so not worrying
> about that aspect.
>
> Feenix..."going for broke"
> 88 16V

I have 16's on my car, and the ride is quite nice.  In combination with the better
suspension (I'm on my 3rd), it rides better then with my previous 15's.  However,
there's no way in hell I'd drive 16's in the winter.  Just no way.  Wide, sporty,
low aspect rubber on snow?  Ice packed rims and wheel arches? Come on now.  Here in
upstate NY we can get real snow and ice...Where do you live?  Just buy the winter
beater and be done with it.  I get 2-3 winters out of my winter cars (all sciroccos
of course)  I'm on my 3rd winter vehicle, never paid more then $550.  However, I do
all my own work, and buy parts at somewhat reasonable prices.  YMMV.

==Brett
- --