Re: Close-ratio 020 trans swaps

Yes, Rabbit GTi's have close-ratio trannies. 4K's or 2H's. The engine is the same as a Scirocco 8v, too- a JH.
    -Josiah (who has two 2H's for sale)

gary steve shelton wrote:

> hello:
> I'm looking to swap a close-ratio trans into my '80 S; I heard that the rabbit gtis have a close-ratio trans; there's an '83 sitting in a local pick-and-pull near my home, complete with engine and trans. any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
> gary
> '80 scirocco S  [OO=o=OO]
> ---
> "The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."   Chaucer
>
> Free web-based email, Forever, From anywhere!
> http://www.mailexcite.com

- --
 '83 Scirocco (not for long!)
 '84 Rabbit GTi (running again)
 '86 Scirocco
 '87 QSW
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
 I have lots of VW (especially A1) stuff for sale at:
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/forsale/forsale.html

- --