Re: Close-ratio 020 trans swaps

Hello Gary...I drive a 80 rocco with the 83 Gti tranny in it, yes it is
the close ratio, tranny code is 2H I believe....beware if you do highway
driving, the 5th gear is REALLY short....4000rpm at 80mph....

But damn is that trans fun for blasting around down and in the twisties...

Be careful of that tranny though....they are one of the one effected by
the self-machinging syndrom....Mine has been great so far, and I have NO
idea how many miles are on it....

Eric