Re: [WTF???][Speed World challenge!]

At 10:36 AM 9/22/98 EDT, you wrote:

>>Whether or not my roc' will be up for autox though
>>is debatable. Although its generally in excellent condition, I'm still
>>going through some mechanical stuff on it, trying to get it sorted out.
>Its
>>not my daily driver anymore, so I've been trying to find all the little
>>things on it that've annoyed me in the past. But I don't want to autox
>it
>>until I'm satisfied with the mechanicals. Right now the handling still
>>feels a bit mushy, compared to how my old 8V felt.
>

>Um, did I say no excuses? Umm!

 Not excuses, just facts. I wouldn't mind embarassing you at this go cart
place, but if I'm in my car, I prefer to feel confident in the mechanicals,
so that all I have to worry about is driving.

>Whats your daily driver? Is it that bike of yours? Sure, but *I* pick the
>roads. (Bikes dont corner worth a crap and I know some roads that if YOU
>go off, YOU fall along way til you hit something. Its not the fall that
>kills ya, its the sudden stopage at the bottom.)

  You've obviously never been to Mt. Palimar on the weekend. Go to any good
curvy mountain road, with lots of twists and turns, preferably not too much
traffic, and you'll see tons of bikes there on the weekends. No matter that
there's cliffs there, it just weeds out the men from the shawns.

  And most bikes do corner worth a crap, you must be thinking of Harleys.
Sportbikes now have very sticky tires( good street compounds may last only
2000 miles or so), and can outcorner most any car.

>Quit wussin out and brung your 16V already!

  I'm hoping to get it dropped off this week to VW Specialties to get some
more stuff done to it. If this fixes the vagueness in the steering, then
all I've got to fix is the intermittent power loss(although its almost gone
now), and get new tires.