Re: Thermostat (HELP LIST!)

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:36:31 -0700 Kevin <aventari@cts.com> writes:
>I feel that above the LED is NOT normal. I have completely replaced
>everything in the cooling system (except the heater core thank god!)
>within the last year,  and my car is always running at the bottom of the
LED.

Your feelings are wrong sir. Normal water temps fall withing the white
tic marks of the H2O gauge. According to my VDO H2O guage, the bottom of
the tic mark is @160F. The LED is 185F The top tic mark is 210F Pegged
its 220F. Our cars were designed to run a little hotter as it is so,
seeing the needle above the LED is completely normal.
Many of us dont use the 190F thermostat so the temps will be down closer
to where the LED is at. Except for whne im autoxing, mine runs there at
the LED all the time. (Unless Julie drives my car, then its 200F Oil temp
is 220F, brakes smoking, but hey, she got the groeries and in record time
too. Sheez.)
So, dont sweat it. its cool. (Uh, I mean kewl.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and