RE:16v exhaust options HELP

I have the full TT dowpipe no cat and straight Magni-Flow muffler on my 87 16V.
It did come with a resonator. Mine is just plain loud. I put on a Monza dual
baffled tip (48 bucks) this weekend and it did muffle it, rather lower the tone
but it is still louder than I would like. Im not real impressed with Monza's
quality i.e. pitted chrome, crooked and tore yellow electrical tape seperating the
chrome from the black shrink paint, the nice yellow painted insides have turned
black in two days of driving (could be no cat though). But for 48 bucks....I think
the reason mine is so loud is due to not having the cat and the straight thru
muffler. It cool around town but its annoying on the highway. I would NOT remove
the resonator because to my knowledge it smooths the exhaust pulses so as not to
sound like a poping funnycar. But I could be wrong. If I were you Id get a good
Borla muffler. More money but I think youd be really happy with it. Ive loved
everyone Ive ever heard on car....there was a vette (ZR-1?)at the autx in CO.
that had the pacesetters the when it coasted by it caused a spontanous erection!
Right Mannix.

Thank You for Your Time,
        Shannon Fenton
            Ext. 2712