Vibration at Idle - Cure?

I bought that 1986 Scirocco 8v for $1175.  Today, I put in new platinum
plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor.  The contacts on the cap
and rotor were pretty far gone--I could have sanded them, but figured
what the hell.  I dumped Slick 50 into the oil, injector and valve
cleaner into the gas tank, and a tank of 92 octane.  So now it drives
really well, except for one thing.

At idle, it runs at about 1000 rpm, and has a heck of a vibration.  Very
annoying.  When I run it up to 1200 rpm, no more, no less, the vibration
stops and it just hums.  How tough is it to tweak it up to 1200 rpm?  Is
that the best way to fix this problem?

Mike Ravnitzky
mikerav@ix.netcom.com
- --