Re: 0 to 50 and 60 mph.

It actually doesn't sound TOO bad for an old used up 8v. The main thing
(for me at least) was what tire size are you using??
 If I used (on my old 1.7) the stock diameter tires(195/50-15) I would get
around 15 second 0-60's, but if I put on the super small diameter
185/55-13's I would drop about 3-4 seconds off. Which is a HUGE amount in
0-60. The smaller tires increase the gear ratio, which is good for
acceleration, just not good for the freeway!
How high did you rev it, and do you have a cam or anything?

If i hadn't modified my car at all, I probably would've been getting 20
second 0-60's with the 1.7!!! heheheh